The Counter-Islamist Grid (CIG), is looking for part-time Associates. CIG coordinates opposition to Islamist ideas, individuals and organizations on the local level across North America.
Associates have three main tasks: carrying out research into local Islamist activities, disseminating their results, and engaging in activism. The job also entails working closely with anti-Islamist Muslims.
- Agreement with CIG’s outlook that radical Islam is the problem and moderate Islam is the solution.
- An ability to research, write, speak publicly, and organize campaigns.
- Knowledge about Islam in North America.
- Familiarity with local government officials and local media.
- Command of relevant languages.
We are looking for qualified candidates in or around the following locales:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- 10 hours per week.
- Independent contractor.
- Up to $10,000 a year.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Up to three published writing samples on Islamism in North America.
- Links of up to two video presentations.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in “ChurchillWinston.”
- Submit the application to Kyle Shideler, at Director@Counterislamist.org, by 5pm on October 4th, 2019.